MAN’edged mag headed out to take part in a St. Patrick Day celebration hosted by Guinness. For one of the few times ever, Guinness brought a treasured part of its 256-year history to the U.S for this event.
Tucked away in the magical Highline Hotel, guests had the extremely rare opportunity to peruse the Guinness Brewers diaries, which contain 200+ years of recipes and continue to influence modern Guinness creations. MAN’edged Mag also got an exclusive look at original sketches of Guinness ad campaigns from the 1930’s to 50s.
Did you know?
- Guinness has two new beers available for the first time in America.
- Those new Guinness beers include Dublin Porter and West Indies Porter.
- Guinness offers more than just their Guinness Draught like their Guinness Blonde American Lager, Guinness Nitro IPA, Guinness Extra Stout, and their new Porters (Dublin and West Indies).
- In 1759 Arthur Guinness took out a 9000-year lease on a brewery.
- Guinness was the first to introduce a Nitro IPA.
Now you know. Check out some of action below.